Guidelines for authors
World Review of Political Economy (WRPE) is a quarterly, peer-reviewed title, published by Pluto Journals as official journal of the World Association for Political Economy, to produce research into Marxist political economy.
Aims and scope
World Review of Political Economy (WRPE) is a peer-reviewed academic journal of Marxist Political Economy, which aims to promote the innovative research into Marxist economic theories, and their practical applications to global and regional economies, developed and undeveloped economies, capitalist and socialist economies and so on, and aims to benefit the development of the world and well-beings of its people. WRPE welcomes submissions in normative and empirical research including, but not limited to:
(1) State Capitalism, Monopoly Capitalism, Financial Capitalism, Neoliberal Capitalism, Imperialism, and Capitalist Development History;
(2) Economic Globalization, Internationalization of Capital, Global Value Chain, Underdevelopment, Unequal Exchange, Colonialism, and Capitalist System;
(3) Exploitation, Profit Squeeze, Living Wage, Income Inequality, and Relationship between Capital and Labour;
(4) Business Cycle, Capital Accumulation, Under-Consumption, Over-Investment, Financial Crisis, and Theory of Economic Crisis;
(5) Organic Composition of Capital, Technical Change, Labour Process, Digital Economy, Platform Economy, Productive Automation, and Theory of Falling Profit Rate;
(6) Productive and Unproductive Labour, Surplus Value, Value Composition of Capital, Value and Price, Value Formation and Transformation, and Labour Theory of Value;
(7) Labour-Managed Firms, Participatory Planning, Market Socialism, Eco-Socialism, Feasible Socialism, and Socialist Development History.
Articles should be original and not currently under consideration by any other publication. All contributions should be submitted to WRPE via the WRPE ScholarOne Manuscripts site (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/wrpe), or via “Submit a manuscript” on the WRPE ScienceOpen homepage (www.scienceopen.com/collection/wrpejournal ).
For submission on ScholarOne, new users should first create an account. Once a user is logged onto the site, submissions should be made via the Author Center. Online user guides and access to a helpdesk are available on this website. Authors should prepare and upload at least two files: Title Page and Main Document. Main Document should be an anonymous complete text, in which all information identifying the author(s) should be removed in order to allow it to be sent anonymously to referees. Title Page may include article’s title, author’s short biography and contact information.
For submission on ScienceOpen, new users should first register an ScienceOpen account and Orcid ID, and sign in your ScienceOpen account. You need “Search” the “World Review of Political Economy” by “Collections”, then “Follow” the “World Review of Political Economy” homepage on ScienceOpen, and prepare a PDF manuscript for submission.
Contributions should be submitted in English. If authors are not native English speakers and are uncertain about the quality of their writing, their work should be edited for language by a native English speaker prior to submission.
Contributions should be formatted as A4 Microsoft Word files (Mac files must be converted), double-spaced and with ample margins. All pages, including those containing only diagrams and tables, should be numbered consecutively. Biographical information of up to 80 words should be included on the title page, indicating authors’ institutional affiliation, research area, representative writings, and email addresses.
It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission to reproduce any illustrations that may be subject to copyright, and sources should be indicated appropriately in the accompanying captions. The use of figures (diagrams, charts, graphs) and tables should be kept to a minimum, with only essential data presented. Each should be numbered consecutively, titled, and mentioned in the main text. Tables must contain editable text. Figures should be supplied as separate *editable* files where possible (preferably in EPS, Illustrator or Excel format) and not in colour. Picture files or JPEGs are unsuitable for figures, but can be supplied for photographs if they are of good quality. Mathematical formulations should be kept to a minimum. Footnotes should be numbered consecutively. Bibliographical references should be checked for accuracy. Authors’ full addresses and other contact information including email, fax, telephone numbers, and postal address should be included in a separate A4 Microsoft Word file. One photo of the author should be provided (the first two authors’ photos, if the contribution is co-authored), which will appear in the journal on the article’s title page.
WRPE contributions are reviewed in five categories:
1) ARTICLES, up to 12,000 words, including an abstract of maximum 200 words describing the main arguments and conclusions, three to five key words, notes acknowledgements, funding, and references.
2) COMMUNICATIONS, up to 8000 words, usually responses to the published articles or books of other authors.
3) BOOK REVIEWS, up to 6000 words.
4) ACADEMIC FRONTIERS, up to 8000 words, including conference reports, coverage of scholarly exchanges, literature review, and commentary on recent research developments.
5) FIGURE, up to 8000 words, introducing the academic career, thoughts and achievements of distinguished political economists.
Copyright and authors’ rights
To assure the integrity, dissemination, and protection against copyright infringement of published articles, the copyright in your article is assigned to Pluto Journals (in behalf of the World Association for Political Economy, the proprietor of the journal World Review of Political Economy). Your Article is defined as the final, definitive, and citable Version of Record, and includes: (a) the accepted manuscript in its final form, including the abstract, text, bibliography, and all accompanying tables, illustrations, data; and (b) any supplemental material hosted by Pluto Journals.
The Author has the right to use the article in its published form in whole or in part without revision or modification in personal compilations or other publications of your own work, and the right to expand an article into book-length form for publication, provided that the acknowledgement to the journal World Review of Political Economy is made explicit.
Now WRPE is Open-Accessed and published under the Creative Commons License CC BY 4.0. This license allows users, scholars and readers, to read the content or any part of the content without charges. This license allows scholars to download and use the contents for educational purposes. This license does not allow the content or any part of the content to be used for commercial purposes.
All authors must comply with the common publishing ethics, and warrant that their article is their own original work, which does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity, and cannot be construed as plagiarizing any other published work, including their own previously published work. The article contains no content that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, nor in any way infringes the rights of others, nor is in any other way unlawful or in violation of applicable laws.